Charity of the Year
Highland Business Women supports and raises funds for a chosen charity each year. Our aim is to work closely with the chosen charity, raising awareness of its cause and promoting any ongoing projects or campaigns.
We proactively raise funds for the chosen charity at raffles at each of our events, as well as at our annual Highland Business Women Awards Dinner in August.
- In 2020, we raised £4,500 for Fèis Rois.
- In 2019, we raised £5,300 for The Oxygen Works.
- In 2018, we raised £4,000 for The Elsie Normington Foundation’s Haven Project.
Charity of the Year 2021/22
Due to the impact the pandemic had on our events in 2021, the members voted to retain tour Charity of the Year for 2022.
Our chosen charity for this year is Mikeysline, a charity founded in late 2015 after a number of suicides in the Highland area.
Mikeysline run two services – text-based support, which includes SMS, Facebook Messenger, Webchat and Twitter. They also run the Hive crisis centre, with appointments and drop-in available in Inverness City Centre.
Mikeysline was established with 4 main aims:
- Help fight the Highland wide problem of chronic loneliness
- Provide a light in the dark for those in the depths of depression
- Offer a distraction from thoughts leaning towards self-harm
- Tackle head on the staggering rate of suicide in the Highlands
Charity of the Year 2023
Applications are now open for our charity of the year 2023.
Please down load and complete this form.
Once completed, applications should be submitted to email@example.com by 5pm on Friday 23 December.
The shortlist will be announced by Friday 6th January and all those shortlisted will have the opportunity to attend the lunchtime selection event on Wednesday 18th January at Highland Rugby Club and do a short presentation about the charity and what they hope to achieve before members vote for their choice.