Charity of the Year
Highland Business Women supports and raises funds for a chosen charity each year. Our aim is to work closely with the chosen charity, raising awareness of its cause and promoting any ongoing projects or campaigns.
We proactively raise funds for the chosen charity at raffles at each of our events, as well as at our annual Highland Business Women Awards Dinner in March.
- In 2020, we raised £4,500 for Fèis Rois.
- In 2019, we raised £5,300 for The Oxygen Works.
- In 2018, we raised £4,000 for The Elsie Normington Foundation’s Haven Project.
Charity of the Year 2021
Our chosen charity for this year is Mikeysline, a charity founded in late 2015 after a number of suicides in the Highland area.
Mikeysline run two services – text-based support, which includes SMS, Facebook Messenger, Webchat and Twitter. They also run the Hive crisis centre, with appointments and drop-in available in Inverness City Centre.
Mikeysline was established with 4 main aims:
- Help fight the Highland wide problem of chronic loneliness
- Provide a light in the dark for those in the depths of depression
- Offer a distraction from thoughts leaning towards self-harm
- Tackle head on the staggering rate of suicide in the Highlands
Charity of the Year 2022
Sign up to our mailing list to find out when applications open for 2022.