The annual Highland Business Women Awards recognise the achievements of women in business across the Highland region. The Awards recognise the significant contribution that women make to all types of businesses and organisations in the area, as well as their contribution to the wider economy.
Nominations for the Highland Business Women Awards 2020 are now open!
This year is extra special for HBW as we celebrate our 25th anniversary, and we're delighted to have broadened the award categories to add more scope to the widest possible range of women including young entrepreneurs, professional business women and the women of inspiration who have influenced and inspired others.
We're working alongside the event management team at Highland News and Media to add some extra sparkle to our silver anniversary event, ensuring greater exposure and profile to finalists and award winners.
The deadline for entries is 11.59pm on Sunday 23 February and completed applications should be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
There are nine categories this year, each with slightly different judging criteria, so please study the Application Guidance carefully before submitting an application. Finalists are considered by an independent judging panel which will be announced in due course.
New Business of the Year - sponsored by Business Gateway
- Open to HBW members and non-members, this award celebrates the achievements of businesses which began trading after 31 January 2017 and assesses originality of business idea, sound business model and future potential as well as overall financiancial performance.
Most Enterprising Business - sponsored by Tulloch Homes
- Open to all members who began trading before 31 January 2017, this award celebrates innovation and creativity, effective marketing and business development, leadership and management as well as sustained financial performance.
Excellence in Community Engagement - sponsored by BAM Nuttal
- This award is open to all members who adopt an external outlook by supporting their local community to address social and environmental issues and give something back.
Business Woman of the Year - sponsored by Highlands and Islands Enterprise
- This award is open to all members who are business owners/self-employed and demonstrate drive, determination and entrepreneurship, as well as effective leadership and continuous personal and professional development.
Professional Business Woman of the Year
- This award is open to all members who are employees and demonstrate commitment to the organisation's long-term strategy, effective leadership and communication skills and continuous personal and professional development.
Team of the Year
- This award is open to all members who demonstrate successful delivery of a project or initiative as well as a positive impact on overall business performance.
Best Third Sector Organisation - sponsored by Equiom
- This award is open to all members who are charities, social enterprises, or other non-profit distributing organisations, and celebrates effectie engagement with service users, innovation and creativity and sound planning and future sustainability.
Young Business Woman of the Year - sponsored by DYW Inverness & Central Highland
- This award is open to all members and non-members who are under the age of 30 on 31 January 2020 and who demonstrate a vision or aspiration, as well as drive, determination, resilience and entrepreneurship.
Woman of Inspiration
- The award is open to all members and non-members - by third party nomination only - and will celebrate an exemplary contribution to business in the Highlands as well, giving back to business and/or society and someone who is an inspirational role model.
The finalists and winners will be celebrated at a fabulous awards dinner on Friday 20th March 2020 at the The Kingsmills Hotel, Inverness, commencing at 6.30pm with a drinks reception.
- Host - Nicola McAlley, STV News
- Guest speaker - Susan Fouquier, MD Business Banking, Royal Bank of Scotland
- Following dinner and the awards ceremony the entertainment and dancing will be led by Dark Horse
- Dress code is Black Tie/Highland Dress and Evening/Cocktail dresses.
Tickets are £55pp and can be purchased in smaller numbers or £550 for a table of ten. For enquiries contact email@example.com or call Emma Glass on 01463 246 570.
Entries should be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 11.59pm on Sunday 23 February.
There are a number of sponsorship opportunities available to any business who would like to show their support for women entrepreneurship.
For further details please email email@example.com or call Emma Glass on 01463 246 570.